My little man is 3 years old today!! In many ways he seems much older than 3 and in others he’s still my little baby. Today we threw him a little party with a few of his friends and it was a resounding success (although momma’s a bit tired now).
I still marvel in the fact that I have a three year old. He’s such an amazing little creature and it seems that in the last month or so he’s made huge development steps.
– He’s 34lbs and like 38 inches tall (he asks us to measure him every few weeks)
– He’s fully potty trained (both day and night) and has been since just after Lia was born. It’s been amazing!!
– In the last month his language has exploded. He went from a sentence here and there to full on conversations that even other people can understand (unless he’s really really excited or very tire then he mumbles..)
– His reasoning, logic and problem solving just blows me away. He wants something up high, he finds a stool/chair or finds a way to climb. I also remembers things I never thought he’d remember (like a hike we took him on when Lia was just a few months old).
– His imagination has taken off. We’ve taken trips to the moon prior to school in the AM, ridden a train (that he used pillows to set up), climbed mountains (of pillows) and it goes on.
– He’s incredibly helpful around that house (most of the time) and has his own set of chores now (emptying the silverware from the dishwasher, emptying the trash, and sweeping the floors)
So, since he never stands still long enough to get any pics, here’s a compilation of shots from the last few weeks.
Happy Birthday Monkey!