She’s not even 5 months old but it feels like she’s been a part of our family forever. Life with two is challenging most of the time but oh so rewarding. I often find myself, as she and I hang out in the rocking chair at 3am, thinking about what her life will be like. And wondering how the heck am I going to raise a graceful, humble, and strong young woman that will become the pillar a family of her own some day. That all seems so far away but I know that in a blink of an eye she’ll be grown and I’ll be wondering where the time went.
Things I don’t want to forget about her:
– how she only loves to talk with a finger or fist in her mouth. Other than that she’s generally quiet.
– that she’s the calmest most chill baby I know. She’s fine just hanging out as long as we’re in the room with her.
– the look on her face when we walk into the room and she finds us. You can see her searching for the sound and when she finally turns her head to see you, her smile lights up the room.
– the chub on her thighs – the only place she really has any chub. The rest of her is lean and mean:)
– Her happy disposition, she’s quick to give up huge gummy smiles and it just brightens your day.
– How her free hand flails and searches for something to grab onto when she nurses.
– How she smiles in her sleep and lets out a little giggle.
– All of our nights spent sleeping in the chair. It’s not the most comfortable spot but I really enjoy the close time with her.
My beautiful little girl. The world is a scary place sometimes and I worry constantly about when she’s of school age and on in to her teen years and how I’m going to keep her safe but I’m trying not to let that get in the way of enjoying her now as she’s still my little girl.