So, I finally have some time to sit down and write up the happenings around here…lots of random so it’s best conveyed in bullet form…
– A long time ago I had this crazy idea that we needed a pergola off our patio out back. I always thought that would come when we redid the patio itself but after seeing how much Noah loves swings, we decided to put one in before the patio (so we can hang a swing from it) and deal with the rest later. So, after weeks of planning and consulting with our landscape architect friend (thanks Nate!) Mark had a plan! It took a bunch of trips to the lumber yard and a few late nights but it’s up!
Now we just need to screw in those top jobbies and find a swing!
– I started my new job on Monday (actually Tuesday, Monday was with my contracting company getting acquainted). That has to be the fastest turn around in history. That’s due in large part to the fact that I was still in touch with people from my last job search just 7 months ago. I’m back in a real office and if you’ve been watching my tweets I’ve been posting my daily outfit!
The project I’m working on is a great fit for my background and I’m really really excited to get rolling with it. Plus, it’s awesome to have in-person co-workers!!
– Mothers day was amazing! We had beautiful weather so the fam went for a quick run down to get breakfast and a nice long walk home, stopping at the playground to let Noah blow off some steam. Then home to let mommy do whatever she wanted!
– I had an awesome photo shoot with a 1 year old cutie from my mommy group. We checked out a local park that I’ve been dying to shoot at. I had a great time and I think they did too!
did you know I have an Fbook page for our photography stuff? Yup, not sure what I’m going to do with it but it’s fun…
– Noah is mimicking more and more and even associates some things correctly. Cheese and Juice are almost always right. He even gets “daddy” right most of the time too. This vid though shows a new one for him:
– I’m woefully unprepared for this 13.1 mile run this weekend. We only ever got up to 7 miles and that was 2 weeks ago. Last week we stuck to 3 and 5 mile runs and nothing so far this week. I’m in real trouble! I guess as long as we finish uninjured I’ll be happy. I’m not above walking parts of it. At least we won’t be pushing a stroller or controlling a dog.
– And to top it all off, I got stuck in an elevator at work today, for 30 min! A brief power outage while the elevator was moving caused the safety system to invoke and lock me in there. They had to have a mechanic come in and reset the system to get me out.
Hopefully I’ll have more time once we get into a routine around here to blog more…