Okay, I’ve concluded that I’m not going to get around to his 12 month picky sticky shot….maybe this weekend….for now I’ll put thsi up and update it once I have the pics:) Btw…I wrote this weeks ago! haha
Wow! We made it – our little man is 1 year old! How time flies! We had a wonderful party as you saw in my previous posts and then we had pancakes on his birthday for breakfast.
At the dr’s on Friday he was deemed perfectly health and on track. 23lbs (50%) and 31inch (80%) – long and lean:) He’s been cruising thru the milestones like wildfire.
– walking like he’s been doing it all his life! It’s now his preferred mode of transportation. (even watched him take on the step down into our back room by holding on to the wall!)
– gives us a mama and a dada lots now. He says it most days like he actually recognizes us.
– just Saturday he said his first non mama/dada word – Tucker (my parents dog)
– he’s pointing at things so we tell him what they are. He’s still not recognizing things as we ask him for them so we just recite what he’s pointing at and hope he catches on
– we moved to real milk although he’s not a huge fan yet so we’re doing lots of water and milk based products (cheeses, yogurt, etc).
– There’s 8 teeth in there now!
– He’s mimicking a ton now! We had him brushing his own hair the other day…haha
– Sleep comes and goes. He’s still at 2 naps a day most times for a total of 3 hours. Bedtime is anywhere between 7 and 8:30 depending on the nap situation and if he’s tired. We just kind of watch him and expect the sleep queues. He’ll wake between 6 and 7:30.
– We’ve pretty much dropped the morning bottle so that leaves the three at daycare and the one evening one. I’m going to have them try to drop one more at daycare and replace it with water or milk and a small snack and see how that goes. He’s eating 14 – 18 oz of formula and all table foods (this kid LOVES blueberries!).
ps…as I read this, so much has changed already and he’s only 1 year and 1 week old…haha…