Where has the time gone? I’m conflicted on what to feel. It still feels like yesterday that we were heading to the hospital to deliver this little one and yet it feels like ages ago at the same time. We’ve accomplished so much in 4 months, the least of which is keeping our sanity:)
Noah is growing fast and hitting milestone after milestone in quick succession. Rolling today….driving tomorrow…ah…it just goes soo fast. I’m happy to see him advancing and learning but would really just prefer that he stay exactly like he is right now…interactive but still snuggly and needing mommy:)
So, what can I say about our 4 month old?
– he rolled belly to back the other day
– he’s mastered back to side and every now and again gets his hips over but those dang arms are in the way. He’ll figure that out soon enough!
– we got our first belly laugh the other day (as recorded in a previous post for posterity sake).
– His hands (and everything else for that matter) go straight to his mouth.
– He prefers his two fingers to any pacifier
– He reaches and grabs for things now. Most of the time he get them, sometimes it’s a swing and a miss. He’s figured out the toy bar I stuck on his carseat and now car rides consist of pushing buttons and making the frog sing.
– He’s solidly in 3-6 month clothes with some of his pants in the 6 month range. Mostly 3’s though because it’s shorts season so it’s okay if they’re floods on him:)
– He got his first cold, first virus/fever, and first round of antibiotics…fun times…
– Sleep has been hit or miss the last week or two – i’m hoping it’s just re-regulating after being sick. Prior to that we were doing so well with 5 and 6 hour stretches, a quick bite to eat, and back down for another 3 or 4 hours…in total he’s averaging 12 – 15 hours of sleep a day.
– He’s become our little chatter box! Squeals, goo’s, gah’s and just general noise. I’ve found him a few time awake in his crib just talking to himself and sucking on his hands when he should have been napping.
– His nap schedule is pretty predictable….9am for 30-40 min, somewhere in the 11/12 hours for 45 min to an hour and then again at 3 or 4 for generally 2 hours. If he doesn’t get those then it’s an early bed time!
4 months stats:
15 lbs 1 oz (50th percentile)
25.5 inches long(75th percentile)
16.75 inches head circ (70th percentile)
We’ve been cleared to try solids if we want so maybe this weekend we’ll mix up some rice cereal and see what he does with it. 4 months is still a bit early but since he’s eating so much (anywhere between 30 and 40oz a day), she said it was a good time to try.
Over the next month we’re looking forward to many more firsts including his first airplane ride and first hotel stay!