Nov 152009
 

So this weekend we had friends in town and didn’t make much progress but there was some:)  This past week we finally got a sink in with real drainage so we can stop using the downstairs powder room.  We also got the rest of the bottoms and the last top cabinet in.  Lastly I started installing the fronts to what cabinets I could.  It’s finally starting to shape up like a kitchen! 

This week is a business trip for me again but I’m leaving instructions:)  We should try to get the electrical done, or at least to a point where we can cap what’s live and turn the power back on so I can use my oven again!

This coming weekend we’ll hunt for granite, a dishwasher and a microwave.  Hopefully we can schedule the template guy to come prior to turkey day which means we’ll have a countertop by the first or second week of dec (which means we’ll have a fully functioning kitchen again!).

Once we get the counter top in, we can divide our time between the nursery and the kitchen.  It’s about time!  The crib is here and hanging out in my office until we get the other room emptied (thank Ryan for helping to carry it up the stairs!)

The list:
– new cabinets need installed (70%)
– install temp sink and plumbing
– install door fronts, hardware, drawers (50%)
– install plinth and filler wood
– remove and purchase new dishwasher
– new countertop needs ordered (and then installed)
– permanent plumbing needs installed
– new backsplash needs installed
– whole kitchen needs painted

– install new light switch for under cabinet lighting – run the line too 
– install under cabinet lighting
– finish the electrical for the heated floors

– scrub every surface in the rest of the house and clear it of dust

Related Posts with Thumbnails

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)