So, this past weekend we were up to the usual – renovation! This time we had some help from mom and dad kloep! We hosted a cabinet building party which was a smashing success! Not only did we get all the cabinets built in record time but we removed all the remaining cabinets and microwave – now we have a completely non functional kitchen. Well, okay, not completely but with no micro or sink things are pretty limited (thankfully I’ll be NYC this week – poor DH has to fend for himself).
Here’s the list as we stand today:
old vinyl tile flooring (all three layers) needs removed (25% done) – new travertine flooring needs installed (80%) – possible new under floor heating to be installed with the floor (that is if we dont need a new circut run for it) – temporary kitchen needs assembled outside so we can do dishes and eat (not necessary – we’re working around it) – need to fill the propane tank so we can actually eat once the stove is disconnected – cabinets need emptied – cabinets need removed (80% – still have a few uppers in there) – old built in pantry needs demoed – light switch needs moved (not necessary)
– new cabinets need installed (25%)
– new countertop needs ordered (and then installed)
– new backsplash needs installed
– whole kitchen needs painted
– remove and purchase new dishwasher
– fix the fridge cabinet spacing
This coming weekend we’re hanging cabinets! DH has Wednesday off so he’s going to run electrical for the under cabinet lights and finish the last little bit of floor tile and get the walls ready for hanging! Mom and Dad King will be here to help out and hopefully by the time they leave, we’ll have the boxes on the walls and can start putting shelves and faces on! If we’re lucky we can get a temporary sink hooked up and be almost back to normal!
I took a few pics that I have to get off the computer…maybe later this week…